There are a lot of benefits to cooking with charcoal
- Higher cooking temps means shorter times
- Wide variety of foods; fish, meat, veggies, pizza
- High heat without loss of moisture
- Easy to achieve Maillard reaction for better tasting food
- Smokey flavour
- Food visually appealing to diners
- Less flare ups with enclosed oven than open grill
- Save money, charcoal cheaper for high heat
- Add woodchips for smoking
- Designed for chefs and restaurants
- Fully constructed in UK, high quality craftsmanship and longer lasting
- Full thickness stainless steel outer looks great and easy to maintain
- Good insulation to maintain heat
- Mild steel grate, more durable than cast iron
- Glass window which means easy viewing and saving heat
- Air controls to regulate heat and combustion rate
- Economical – saves 75% of regular charcoal grills
- Available in 3 sizes to suit different needs
P300: the smaller baby is ideal for a kitchen looking to provide an alternative means of cooking and preparing food. The same width as the P600 but shorter, still capa-ble of cooking 30kg / hour.
P600: the most popular size. Will handle up to 45kg meat an hour. With a width of 700mm, it fits easily into most kitchens.
P900: the big boy! Wider and taller it can handle an impressive 60kg / hour
The INKA charcoal oven is the ideal cooking method for the latest trend in food – rustic and hearty food with minimal processing. In the UK they are quickly gaining market traction over Josper – the ‘original’ charcoal oven from Spain. The popularity of the food from these grills has often meant restaurants having to install a second oven to meet demand.
We recommend using restaurant grade lump-wood charcoal and we can provide a list of suppliers.
Important – these ovens (or similar charcoal ovens) are not to be used indoors without the correct exhaust extraction system. They come pre-fitted with a spark arrester (witches hat).
Chef and the Cook is the sole distributor in Australia for INKA ovens.
CONTACT US FOR A DEMONSTRATION IN OUR COMMERCIAL KITCHEN.
Call 02 8004 6085